re: flower terminology - neglecta

:Websters says that neglect implies a failure to carry out some expected
:action, so a neglecta pattern would seem to be one that fails to carry out
:the expected pattern of being all dark blue/purple.
:
:How's that?

I meant to check on what "neglecta" means in botanical Latin last
night--but forgot. Will try to remember after work today. I'm curious
now. Maybe amoenas are more popular so neglectas are neglected.  ;)