Re: Iris Evansia

> >I think the great clumps of iris blooming at the Sacramento airport were the
> >irid dietes,
> Kathyrn...I think you are right!  Clarence Mahan in VA.   P.S.  Lovely, were
> they not?

I held my tongue on this... here in Central - South Texas, these make
HUGE clumps of almost grassy, yet stiff, foliage, with stalks of
single blooms of a white-cream, three petaled, with splotches.  They
are in full bloom and in wide availability here in Central Texas.
I prefer the Moraea (I think...I'm always getting the two confused--
I prefer the one called "African Iris").

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
Jill O. *Trades
Mistress O. {}