re: halo, umbrata, aurata, luminata

<<There's still some argument for maintaining the distinction, though,
since RINGO's halo is the *absence* of color, and BROWN LASSO's
is the *presence* of color.

Breeders: Want to make an "umbrata-aurata"? This could be really attractive.
Imagine an iris with pure yellow standards and blue falls with a precise
rim of bright *yellow* (not butterscotch or brown).>>

Wow!! Or make an umbrata-aurata-luminata with a white (or would it be
yellow?) starburst around the beard....

Except I have yet to grow an Emma Cook (aurata?) successfully here - would
CLASSICO be considered an aurata?.  It's tough.

I think we got two different explanations of luminata - one is darker pigment
between the veins and one is a white wash in the center of the fall....I am
not completely confused - yet.  Is it both?

Is the heredity of these color patterns written up somewhere?

linda mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa