Re: flower terminology

Since the edging on Bride's Halo is already called a HALO, it must be a halo.
But I'd prefer to call the edging we see on Ringo, BH and Brown Lasso, an
edging!!  It describes the location of the feature where HALO is -- what??
You'd have to look at the plant to see where on the fall it is!!  A Halo,
I'd like to think, is more subtle coloration.  On Daylilies, a Halo is a blend
of the throat color and the color of the main part of the petal.  Should iris
folks deviate from locating the color on the petal that far?

Carolyn Schaffner