Re: flower terminology

Carolyn asks

:TON AND LINDA:  OI'm breaking into your conversation here --
:how does one get these terms (and the ones for space agers about which I have
:asked cyberspace and gotten no response) into official recognition?  I wonder
:if that process simply begins when a hybridizer/grower issues a catalogue
:(probably as big and colorful as Cooleys, et.al.) and starts saying the words.
:Could have a list of terms in the front of the catalogue and that makes it
:"official" until
:AIS recognizes it??????

There is no official set of terms used to describe irises; the ones used
are just traditional among iris people. The words come into use just
because someone comes up with them, they get publicized, then they get
used. It's as simple as that.

AIS does not bestow official recognition on any of these terms.

I'm not sure what you asked about space-agers that you got no response
to. I remember a request to add these terms to the "INFO: Iris Lingo"
and that has been done. Check it out on the web!

Happy irising, Tom.