poorly drained, Japanese, Ohio

My sister near Dayton Ohio has a semi-wild, partly shaded (trees around the
edges) poorly drained (I think mostly from topography - flat!,) clay, back
lot.  She is a new gardener (how she escaped all these years - I dunno) and
has a few siberians that she bought last year from a local nursery (who knows
what they are).  She is worried about their survival with all the heavy rain
they have been having.  I figure they'll do fine.

Am I right?

Also, I wondered how Japanese iris would do in that setting - if she doesn't
water in the summer, will they hunker down and survive like my one
'kaempferi' (apologies to Clarence, that's what the seed packet called it)
ensata seedling (maybe I can register it as 'Lindas Kaempferi') does here?
 'Dry' in the summer in southern Ohio seems more survivable than dry in

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa