Bloom report

>ANY bloom is NOT TRIVIA.  Bloom reports please pass by me!!

Since you asked :)

My wife and I have/had the following in bloom here in the SF Bay Area
	DOUBLE SCOOP (early and done)

     I've taken some pictures of most of these.  Double Scoop was the first
with Jolt following close behind.  Jolt's blooms have lasted like what
seems forever.

     But Batik seems to close up after only a couple of days at most.  Along
with taking near forever to open up.  It's a wonderful plicata, but I'm not
sure that the longevity is there.

     Austrian Garnets is a wonderful deep maroon, like a velvet.  And this
plant has quite a few blooms on it.  So I look forward to future years with
this one.

     All of these are first year plants, purchased last year from Maryotts,
Superstition, or Woodland.  Though I don't think we'll be buying anything
from Woodland again.  The rhizomes from there arrived with almost no roots.
Almost as if they shaved the bulb before shipping it...

     Unfortunately the TB's take up a lot of room, and our available yard
is fairly small.  So it's likely that we will switch over to the PCNs, after
visiting Ghio's garden...
                   Brad Eacker (beacker@sgi.com)