Re: Mike's Convention

  • To: iris-l@Rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Mike's Convention
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 16:32:36 -0700

Mike & Anne Lowe wrote:
> No specifics yet, I want to plug the convention experience before the high
> wears off.
> Attending your first iris convention will only occur once, but it will
> provide a lifelong glow in retrospect.

Especially if you do something like getting married at the end of it (as I
did in 1990).

> Mike Lowe, Virginia, USA
> PS: All hyperbole exhausted -- the remainder of this thread will be a
> prosaic journal of events and iris seen.

For me, the chief highlight was seeing Joe Ghio's PCIs. It inspired me to
want to try growing a few, although my climate is a little more desert-like
than is their wont.

Friends--seeing old ones and meeting new ones came next.

Finally, oodles of iris.

Gerry Snyder, northern Los Angeles, CA, USA