Re: iris lingo

> I know what you mean, Doc Dave about the additions on the "space agers".
> My question is about the terminology of ANY additions, whether or not they
> appear on the beards... What about the doubles mentioned in someone's
> posting?  Is that a "space ager" too?

No. It's a novelty, but not a spacer, which are limited to horns, spoons,
and flounces. Novelties also include variegated iris like Batik.

> I'm trying to ferret out those folks
> who are into this sort of thing.

You found one. I like Thornbird a lot despite (because of???) its weird color,
Mesmerizer is my favorite TB. Consistent flounces and great rebloom.

>         Horny iris, contented iris -- if we don't get warmth and sun there wil
> be NO IRIS in Buffalo NY.

Keep the faith!! There'll be a brighter day, tomorrow.
They will come home ^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h bloom. It's in the book.

> Thanks, Dave.  Dr. Schaff here.

Gerry Snyder