Parks' Policy of "Exclusives"

Bob & Beth Matney raised the question of whether Parks' iris names have been

Parks is, indeed, a "reputable" company and my preferred source of vegetable
seeds.  HOWEVER . . . .

Some years ago, I was approached as a potential source of arilbred stock for
Parks.   The catch was, they wanted varieties that would be "exclusive" to Parks
-- not registered varieties that anyone can sell once they have been introduced.
Needless to say, I declined.

Nevertheless, I still think that Parks is an excellent company from which to
order seeds and supplies.  I just don't recommend them as a source of iris

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compurserve.com)