Re: illuminata?

> Could somebody explain what a luminata is and the genetics of it?

Someone may have answered your question already, in which case I'll apologize
in advance.  "Luminata" is a color pattern in which the iris is a solid
color, or an amoena (white standards, colored falls) in which there is a
white wash extending out of the center of the falls.  It is a "wash" not a
white zonal pattern.  The styles are white or with just the slightest hint of
color.  If I may use two irises I am VERY familiar with to illustrate.  The
iris CLARENCE (Zurbrigg 91) is a luminata.  My own introduction SUKY is
sometimes mistakenly called a luminata when it in fact is a "double
zonal"...the white in the falls is not a wash, and the styles are solid dark
violet.  Hope this helps.  Clarence Mahan in Virginia