bloom report

I finally went by the rent house and checked the tags on what is blooming.
Storybook is done now, a nice new addition for me.  Play with fire is going
rampant right now, what neat colors, chocolate and almost purple.  Proud
tradition is just about done, thats an old favorite.  I have 2 from the
unknown oldies group, a soft yellow and dark purple, that are HUGE, almost 4
ft at the top bloom.  They have really liked the room and care.  I have some
short purple adopted ones that have been with me 9 years, and who knows when
they were originally planted, that are also finally blooming.  I have 2 of
the white with purple edges (tag got lost, but need to look it up, very
indicative) blooming well, tho a little mousy this year.

Come fall I will move all of them over to the new house.  I am trying to dig
up a row of pampas grass about 3' by 6'... razor blades would be this much
fun, I think, and just about as dangerous.  BUT- the space goes to irises
and more perennials.  I found a bunch of blue spiderwort and hollyhocks
hiding in the bed to boot!  Some unknown daffodils that will go back in
after the pampas is out.
Bottom line is more room for IRISES!

Thanks for the info report Tom, I really gained a LOT from it.  If I could
only remember the stuff without having to look back at it..  %^}

Life is getting good, things are blooming!  But I head to Fairbanks Alaska
on 8 May, and will miss an awful lot of blooms.  I have never seen my
gladioli bloom in 3 years... the pictures are pretty... :{

Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady