Loss of Color

Thanks to Tom Little, Carolyn Schaffner, Louise Parsons
and Clarence Mahan for the info on factors affecting
trueness of color to parent plants. I'm a newbie to
both irising and the internet.  My mother enjoyed a
number of varieties of TB's back in the 60's and 70's.
 Now that she is gone, I have some of her stock in my
garden in NC.  I don't know their names, but they form
large and healthy blooms.  The soil in KY is also clay,
although mine is more red.  My first TB's bloomed on
April 22nd.  The yellows (bicolors and single color)
came first and I'm now getting the darker colors in
bloom.  Siberians bloomed last week and the Dutch iris
came out yesterday.  I must be hooked, because I have
TB's ordered for planting in Sept.

Bob Fagan
bfagan@Charlie.Webserve.net