Re: SIGNA address.

I found among my archives of Bulletins today a publication from AIS called
Native American Iris.  It's a wonderful small brochure with photos and
short captions/description of the following:
Iris versicolor (Great Blue Flag)
Iris virginica (found in Mississippi and Ohio River valleys
Iris prismatica (Lesser Blue Flag) in wet places along the eastern seaboard
and the piedmont regions from Maine to Georgia
Iris innominata (Rogue River area and the Siskiyou mountains of SW Oregon
Iris missouriensis  found on the fringe of sagebrush (we know where THATis!!)
Iris fulva and I. nelsonii, Ibrevicaulis, I giganticaerulea and I hexagona
	(Lousiana Iris found as native to the Mississippi delta)
Iris sestosa has the widest east-west distribution of all native iris
Iris cristata found in the Appalachians and Ozarks with its cousin, I lacustris
     	which can be found in the sandy copses bordering the Great Lakes.
the Douglas iris - native to the Pacific Coast.

This is a nice little brochure!  It also states this about AIS
Members of the AIS study irises, their culture and propogation; consserve
and protect them; and exhibit irises for the education and enjoyment of the
public.

Carolyn Schaffner