SPEC: humilis and pontica

The excellent Israeli website suggested by Juri has a good photograph of
I. atropurpurea		http://www.tau.ac.il:81/~botany/flora.htm

As to the two species:-

I. humilis - a synonym of pontica but also a separate Psammiris
species.  Latter,  from stony areas through eastern Europe and across
Russia to Mongolia. bright yellow flowers and orange beard.  Grown in
sand with leaf mould and replant frequently.
I. pontica - a short spuria from Romania-SW Russian region.  Blue-purple
flowers down in the leaves.  Dry grassland habitat, good for rockeries
when good drainage and limestone added to soil.

Ian, in Ottawa