Re: Dutch Irises now Spanish Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Dutch Irises now Spanish Irises
  • From: "Rodney Barton" <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 10:47:08 -0600 (MDT)

Donald Eaves said:

> From reading, I gathered the English irises would do better in cooler, =
damper climates than is available here in my part of Texas.  What about =
the Spanish irises?  Does anyone grow them?

Donald,

I grow the Spanish irises (from Mc and Z) and they perform as well as the =
Dutch. I cannot tell them apart from appearence (other than color), growth =
or bloom time.  I have tried the English iris twice with no luck.

Rodney Barton
rbarton@hsc.unt.edu
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA
Zone 7/8, typical temp range 15 - 105 F (-9 - 41 C)
AIS, SIGNA, SPCNI, SLI, Iris-L

North American Native Iris Web Page:
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html