Re: Bloom & Sprouting

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom & Sprouting
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:50:51 -0600 (MDT)

Regarding Marte's question about germinating the I. missouriensis
seeds--did I soak them before refrigerating--the answer is that I
didn't do anything except put them in a container, water it well, and
then stick it in the frig.  Oh, yes, and then I forgot about it,
though not on purpose.  I would think what I did is replicated in
your putting them in a pot and planting it in the garden to go
through the winter there.  Throwing them in a snowdrift is even more
like the natural way, it seems.  I sure hope some will grow.
Incidentally, the friend from whom I rec'd my seeds is Ken Martin,
Thornton, CO, an enthusiast if ever there was one.

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250