HYB: questions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HYB: questions
  • From: SOkase <SOkase@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 21:48:47 -0600 (MDT)

Hi L-ers,
I have hybridizing questions for anyone who might know the answers.
1) I crossed IB SA X SDB and got a bunch of seedlings that are IB in
characteristics but no horns on any of them. If I crossed them again to non-SA
things such as more SDBs, will I get SA traits in F2?
2) A hybridizer told me once that she seems to notice that plant
characteristics come from the pod parent and flower characteristics come from
the pollen parent. Anyone else notice this? Thanks in advance.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
All my seedlings are starting to bloom...so many ugly ones....so little
room....