Kathyguest had a loverly day in the dirt.... I am growing a dandelion crop
that is not to be believed, and since I'm too scatterbrained to do anything
but weed -  weed I did, all day long.  It's a satisfying exercise that puts
you up close and personal with your irises.

I have two new plants in bloom, both SDB's

1.  BOO... a cute little thing I got from Schreiners years ago when I first
started buying irises.  I keep it because it's dependable and adorable.  White
with a large blue spot on the fall.  One opened yesterday morning... 2 more
during the day.

2.  JEWELER'S ART... a TDF iris ("to die for")!   RED falls and lilac
standards.  A stunner!  Now, boyz and girlz.... red in irises is not the same
as red in daylilies, or red in roses.  Generally it's closer to brown or
maroon than red.  But this is blood red and as close as I've seen in irises.

I've also begun to get rot.  Whole fans just pulled away in my hand with just
a gooky mess left of a rhizome.  This is beginning to get to me this year and
I'm not going to have anxiety attacks about it.  I've cloroxed and I've
cometed... and sometimes I wonder if I'm just keeping occupied while my irises
rot.  The ones that are misbehaving have absolutely no reason to do so.  They
are in a raised bed... new soil and southeren exposure.  They should be
jumping for joy (the SDB's are!).

3.  WE HAVE A TB BUD!!!!!  On Keppel's MINDREADER!!!

Now... I am at home and this computer is kinda slow, so would someone be so
kind as to tell me how to disengage from the list temporarily.  Yes, I know
that we've talked about this ad nauseum - but I saved none of it and I'm going
out of town.  Please e-mail me privately.

Thank you