On Sat, 2 May 1998, JEM 300 wrote:

> << Diana,
>  CG (SDB) is a luscious red-violet self with all the social graces of a =
>  weed! It's 10 to 12 inches tall depending on where it's planted and =
>  because it increases so quickly, it's planted everywhere.   There's a =
>  rumor that it will choke out quackgrass............. :-)
>        Christy Hensler  Newport, WA z4b >>
> Just thought I would put my two cents in here........CHERRY GARDEN is very
> lovely and must be very vigorous.  My local perennial nursery has dozens of
> gallon pots of it for sale in full bloom.  Quite a sight seeing a mass of
> those deep cherry violet blooms.  I would definately get some.
> Linda Doffek        SE Wisconsin Zone 5   (no blooms open yet, but as soon as
OK thank you kindly. I actually have it but it will flower for the
first time in my garden this year. There was a discussion earlier
in the List about what colour this iris is and there were 2
different opinions about the colour which is why I asked. As yet
there are not even lumps in the fans to say when this will bloom.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
AIS, CIS, SIGNA, IRIS-L, Canadian Wildflower Soc.

URL for the North American Native Irises web page