Re: Question Bargain

> It' hard to resist a buy or what one thiks might be a buy. Last fall I purchased a 3
> rz pact of Stepping Out at a Sacramento Home Depot store. While I am still waiting for
> the TBs to bloom this cute little, 6-8" imitation of Stitch in Time has bloomed in
> plce of Stepping Out. No Comparison. The iris rz s were packaged by VanZyverden, if
> anyone is interested.

I awoke this morning to the first bloom of LA 'Ann Chowning' which was purchased in a
well-labeled gallon pot from Home Depot last summer.  The label was stapled to the pot, it
could not be mixed up by a customer, and I still have it.  Well, my 'Ann Chowning' is
yellow instead of deep red and looks remarkably like 'Sun Fury'.  What makes me feel
REALLY foolish is that I could have bought it from a reputable nursery for about the same
price.

Stephen Hopkins
disheartened in South Carolina