Re: Blyth Irises

Hi William

     I hope you are starting to get the message that sometimes general terms
such as a"Blyth iris" or "Schreiner iris" is really any iris that the business
which works at getting the iris of the hybridizer out to the public will be
called by the term "so & so's iris". Berry Blyth is one of the latest
hybridizers who's work is being recognized as have unusual color and form
breaks in the flowers which are interesting and appealing, just not like the
ones we have come to expect. Brad Kaspereck and Kathy of Utah are a couple of
hybridizers who are also willing to go out on a limb, sharing some strange fun
color breaks, healthy stock and going for good form and health. If you really
want to learn I know there are some very fine iris people down in your part of
the states you can go to and learn.

     As you are going to school you will progressively learn that the more you
learn the more you have to learn. I have gobs to learn and never expect to
know it all about  much of anything, hurrah for life!

Rita B
University Place, Wa
2 miles from Puget Sound
zone 7 where it was pleasantly warm and mostly sunny today