SPEC: I. variegata

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SPEC: I. variegata
  • From: SOkase <SOkase@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 07:10:15 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Linda Mann,
In regard to your question, I have grown I. variegata clones and named hybrids
and have not noticed much difference in growth from other species. I find that
the species don't have the hybrid vigor but they have grown and bloomed well
for me here on the west coast. Honorabile and particularly Kaleidoscope has
been exceptional in growth and bloom. Though Kaleidoscope tends to grow a bit
out of the MTB class, because of it's exceptional branching and bud count, I
use it as a measuring stick for other MTBs.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8