Re: Question Bargain

.: I awoke this morning to the first bloom of LA 'Ann Chowning' which was
purchased in a
: well-labeled gallon pot from Home Depot last summer.  The label was
stapled to the pot, it
: could not be mixed up by a customer, and I still have it.  Well, my 'Ann
Chowning' is
: yellow instead of deep red and looks remarkably like 'Sun Fury'.  What
makes me feel
: REALLY foolish is that I could have bought it from a reputable nursery
for about the same
: price.
:
: Stephen Hopkins
: disheartened in South Carolina

Ha! Reminds me of the time I bought Asiatic lily bulbs from a  "reputable"
nursery.  I bought white, red, pink and yellow cultivars because I already
had plenty of orange ones.  When they bloomed that summer every single bulb
was some permutation of orange.  Some were quite nice too ( I won 1st place
for one of them last year) but they did clash horribly with some of the
plants I'd put them near.  Even the real nurseries can get it wrong.

Bob Campbell