Re: SPEC - Iris missouriensis hard to grow?

pwoodward wrote:

> Does anyone out there find Iris missouriensis easy to grow? Got any tips =
> to share?
>
> For me, the take on I. missouriensis seed is only about 30% (shockingly =
> low in wild iris) and the starts grow  v-e-r-y slowly. Anecdotal =
> evidence suggests that my experience is not unique. For what it's worth, =
> I have no trouble with seed of other wild species from the Pacific Coast =
> and eastern Asia.
>
> I'll be offline till Monday, when all advice gratefully received.

Paige, check the postings headed "Bloom & Sprouting" the past few days
for a discussion on tips & tricks of germ. I. missouriensis --
coincidentally, we had been talking about it before your note arrived.

Did you get my email a couple of days ago?

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado