Re: pondering crosses with Close Shave

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: pondering crosses with Close Shave
  • From: Chad Schroter <Chad.Schroter@qntm.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:35:30 -0600 (MDT)

 Dennis pondered .....
		CLOSE SHAVE is a space age cultivar with no beard though
it is actually from bearded iris background, correct?
		Regelia aril irises have 6 beards (3 under the stands, 3
on the falls), correct?
				If these were to be crossed.  And then
those offspring to be crossed again, would any of the grandchildren
possibly have 3 beards, but under the stands instead of on the falls?
		Just daydreaming...
			Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net

I had the opportunity to see Close Shave in person this weekend, I love
the color, a very subtle pale Peachy? Pink with good substance. The only
fault we noticed was the tendency for the standards to fall open.
Anyways THERE ARE BEARDS, they just don't have any beard hairs. The
"base" of the beard is present and resembles an "attached" horn if you
get my drift. The "shaved" beard is about 1mm high and wide and normal
beard length. HTH

Chad Schroter	Los Gatos Zone 9