Re: OT-BIO, Rachel Boden

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO, Rachel Boden
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 13:28:02 -0600 (MDT)

Rachel Boden, new to the list, asked,

<< I have been lurking for about a week, and I am fascinated with the
 insights that all of you have.  My question to you all is  can you
reccommend a particular iris for a wedding bouquet?  Irises are my favorite
flower, and I would like to have them in my wedding. >>

Hi, Rachel, and welcome to the list.

For your bouquet I think you should probably go with the dutch irises your
florist will be able to furnish. They come in a range of lovely colors--mostly
blues and golds--if you are going to go with color in the bouquet, and also in
a white with a golden throat. Bearded irises probably are not such a swift
idea since the blooms get rather beat up if you move them around or touch them
too much, and generally they are not readily available to your florist as cut
flowers. Further, the bruised blooms can rub off or drip pigmented juices on
things and you might soil your gown or suit or whatever you have chosen to
wear. If you have access to Siberian blooms you might make that work, but I
don't know whether they would take conditioning treatments or stay fresh
enough through the cermony. I'd go with the Dutch irises, which would look
fine with roses, lilies, lilac, ferns, ivy, wheat, or poppies and daisies, if
that is your style.

Congratulations! and welcome again to this madhouse!

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA
Henry Hall   henryanner@aol.com