HYB:Seedlings in Australia

>I just read about Jans TB seedlings coming .......i didnt put mine in
the fridge for any time i only gave them a little knick with a knife and
it seemed to work really well too.
Fiona Tasmania Australia
Did  you soak them first? I found the water very smelly, and presume
this is from chemicals in the seed coat. I was happier having mine in
the fridge as I didn't have to worry about the very dry weather and
keeping seedlings moist. Also didn't like the idea of cut fingers and
seeds 'flipping' around the room. How long does it take to knick say,
100 seeds? Do you cut a slice of the tip end to expose the embryo? How
long do they take to come up after planting? Do they come up all
together, or over a period of time? I'd be curious to compare the
results of both methods. My main aim is to produce a batch of seedlings
that all come up close together (timewise)for easier handling. (latest
count 28 - should I name them yet? ;-))
Regards, Jan Clark in AUSTRALIA.