CULT: iris ponds and books galore

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: iris ponds and books galore
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:58:51 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,
I enjoyed a lovely spring (er autumn - but felt like spring) morning in
Melbourne (Cultural centre of Australia :-)) yesterday at the home of
our Iris soc. president. I was particularly struck with her iris pond.
She recently moved house, and has filled in the 'peanut shell' shaped
swimming pool with rubble. The upper part is now 1/2 bog garden filled
with LA's and 1/2 fish pond, filled with JA's. The effect is wonderfully
natural because of the shape and the rocks. Makes me even keener to
construct a pond and bog garden here.
I came away with arm loads of borrowed books,old catalogs, and old AIS
bulletins to read over the winter months, and am delerious with
pleasure. Don't know whether to stay inside and read or go out and
garden. Think I'll take Chad and Rodneys advice and go take a look at my
PCN's.
Bye for now, Jan Clark