Re:Seeds and Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:Seeds and Pictures
  • From: The Hiltibidals <dutchman@fgi.net>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:07:29 -0600 (MDT)

To Willaim Scarbrough:

I just received Maryott's 1998 catalog - and they have an on-line catalog
with PICTURES!  www.irisgarden.com

Also - call Springhill at 1-800-582-8527 to be put on their mailing list -
they offer 20 or more iris every year in color pictures

Brecks is closely associated with Springhill, believe they sometimes offer
iris.   Ask to be put on both mailing lists

Gurneys address is 110 Capital Street, Yankton, South Dakota  57079
Gurneys and Henry Fields are closely associated - ask to be put on both
their catalog mailing list - they each offer several dwarf and tb iris in
each catalog - plus a grab bag special.

Dutch Gardens sends out a special color 4-5 page catalog, their
address is P.O. Box 200 Adelphia, NJ 07710-0200.

Schreiners offer a mini-catalog free in the back of many garden magazines
and their address is:  3662 Quinaby Rd, N. E., Salem Oregon  97303-9720.

Jungs always has a few iris - their address is J. W. Jung Seed Co,
335 S. High Street, Randolph, WI  53957-0001

Fellow listers will cringe that you might purchase from some of these -
but when you're just getting started and want to see what you're purchasing
and they send you the catalogs free.........

And to all Iris listers:  I always pull off the spent pulpy bloom if there
are still buds to bloom on the stem - if someone will tell me
how to collect seeds, I can send them to Wm, and would I be correct in
concluding that I need to include the name of the iris from which
I take the seeds?
Thanks all, Sharon