AR: arilbreds in the midwest

After planting 10 arilbreds in July 1997 (nearly 10 months ago) I had one
die a couple weeks ago (BOAZ, probably my fault for having it in a low
lying area in combination with a record April rainfall), but the good news
is OPALS FOR ETHEL is putting up a bloomstalk!  The others all appear quite

OPALS FOR ETHEL is going to be my 3rd iris to bloom this spring (out of
about 50), beating many MDBs through TBs which don't even have bloomstalks
up yet!

Here's hoping for a stunning arilbred bloom season later this month!
<Fingers crossed!>

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Hybridizing Arilbreds, Raising Native Ohio Species Irises