Rain and Iris (was Deer and Iris)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Rain and Iris (was Deer and Iris)
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 20:58:55 -0600 (MDT)

Lora Masche writes:

> The front of our home is
> filled with irises and the tulips sit in-between them.  What a beautiful
> sight it has been until the rain came yesterday and knocked some of the
> petals off the tulips.   Even some of the little SDB's have been damaged
> were beautiful when they first opened up.

Your rain of yesterday arrived in northern Utah around noon today and
rather marred the first blooms on RASPBERRY JAM, the first SDB to bloom
here, which opened this morning. I know that California has a great
diversity of climate and terrain, but I am still somewhat incredulous that
you have a bloom season that seems to be so nearly simultaneous with ours.