Report/Log Jam

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Report/Log Jam
  • From: starlord@ptw.com (Dennis Bishop)
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 08:57:42 -0600 (MDT)

Today I have, not one, not two, but 3 Iris blooms open! (Hay!
this IS my 1st year of TBI blooms.), two of them are on the
one I got at the April Sale, Engraved, I'id say they are BIG
ones, the 3rd is on 'Ask Alma', a nice orange one, it has two
more buds, one will open in a few days, the 3rd maybe a week.

These, along with my Easter Lilys, the 1st ever Tulips I've
ever gotten to bloom (one full yellow, 2nd one is red with
yellow edging) is adding some color to this trailer park.

Now a question, once the Iris have bloomed, and I've cut the
stalks off, Engraved has some new ones starting to grow, I
want to transfer them to bigger pots, would this be a good
time to do it? or should I wait? The engraved is in a 2qt pot
and there's not much space left, I want to move them into some
summer ice coolers I'll be using to grow things in.

Also, those 'Compost iris' I lost one, it just didn't seem to
take hold, no new roots or anything, but the rest of them are
doing very well!

And those paperbag Iris, so far two of them are showing green,
the others, maybe are thinking it over!

The Walking Iris that Bill sent me when I was still in Hawaii,
have all started to grow again, new leaves are coming out. I
only have ONE of the yellow Walking Iris that came with me, its
been touch and go for it, the others have all died off. If I
can keep that one growing, well 'From one comes MANY more!'.

Oh yes, before I forget, my Champion Male Red/White Japanese
Bobtail is/has been watching me will doing my e-mail today.

It's a cold, wet, rainy day in the High Deserts of Calif.
Where did I hide that nuke? Want to BLAST that El Nineo!

Award Winning Dahlia Photographer.

Bishop Telescope Fund   | Akumaizer Cattery  | E-mail List Owner   |
470 20th ST West #23    | Japanese  Bobtails | Dahlia-net          |
Rosamond,Ca.93560       | Home Rasied JBT's  | Canna-net           |
starlord@ptw.com        |                    | Astronomy/IAR-LIST  |