Re: Bloom Report

It really is a most unusual year.  We all knew it, and now I've
further proof.  This morning 2 SDBs were open, RUBY WINGS and SPLASH
OF RED.  I've never, never had anything open this early, May 5, the
earliest before being May 19, a "normal" time.  So many IBs and SDBs
showing bloom stalks, a few with color already evident.  We wonder if
we'll have anything for our show, scheduled for May 30, but at least
I don't see any TB stalks yet, so there should still be things by the
end of the month, esp. if it cools a little.  But WOW!!  Iris on the
5th of May.  Who'd have believed it in NW Iowa!

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250