Re: HYB: variegata and west coast USA

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HYB: variegata and west coast USA
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 15:22:38 -0600 (MDT)

Linda Mann asked:

<<  Anner, do you notice any tendency for the diploids to take longer to
 establish than the tets?  That seems to be a trend here. >>

I really can't say I have noticed one way or the other.

There are so many variables in the equation and what I watch is more oriented
toward where the plant itself came from and when it was planted and what the
weather did after. If I had to guess I'd say that when it is a bad year for
first year bloom for me it seems to be a bad year across the board, and when
it is a good year, the diploids do as well as the tets. But that is my
garden--so called--and I'm sure it must vary according to growing conditions
and so forth.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va  USDA Zone 7
Henry Hall Henryanner@aol.com