Re:Seeds and Pictures

>may buy what you think is named, shall we say Summer Skies, when the
>proper name is Sailor's Dance
This can also be a problem when buying iris rz's from 'backyarders' or
smaller nurseries, i.e. people with heaps of named rz's but some may
have been bought with the wrong names and they unwittingly continue the
I have bought rz's from people I consider to be reputable, but will be
watching the catalogue photo's closely and checking against my blooms.
One nursery told me they 'thought' they had Victoria Falls, Lady Friend,
and Vanity, and on looking at the blooms I was quite convinced these
were Sierra Skies, Frontier Marshall and Choir Girl which were all
blooming at home in my garden. They had come pretty much from the same
source and were originally sold as a 'package deal' by another local
nursery who bought them from Barry Blyth.
Jan Clark - remember buyer beware!