Re: CHERRY GARDEN (again)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CHERRY GARDEN (again)
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:00:03 -0600 (MDT)

<< CHERRY GARDEN (Bennett Jones, R '66, I '67) SDB  15"  Midseason.  Pansy
 purple self. HM (68), AM (70), Cook-Douglas Medal (72) - the CDM is the
 highest AIS award for an SDB.

 Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4, Sunset Zone 2) >>

Thanks for the very complete info, Jeff.  I had no idea it was such an oldie.
It opened for me today and the bloom was HUGE.  Very pretty too.  It has a
very velvety appearance and a slight irridescence.  A rich deep red-violet.

Linda Doffek     SE Wisconsin    Zone 5