Re: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 17:59:16 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Mary!

Welcome to the Iris List! I hope you will enjoy being a part of it.

> Is there a list of "approved" or recommended suppliers?

There is a list of well regarded commercial specialty iris growers on Tom
Little's Website (Tom is the Iris-l listowner; I assume you have accessed
his website to sign on to the list).

> Would like to
> begin to buy named varieties from good sources.  TIA!!!!

You are very fortunate. Roger and Linda Miller, who have been very
respected iris hybridizers and operators of a commercial iris (and daylily,
hosta, and general perennial) garden in the Fort Wayne area for a number of
years, have relocated to your own town within the past year. Check them out
at Miller's Manor Gardens, 12788 E. 191st St., Noblesville, IN 46060. I
think you will be pleased. I have ordered from them, and the iris they sent
me have done very well.