Bloom Report

Hello,

I just wanted to post a bloom report, my irises have put on a pretty decent show,
considering most of them were first year plants anyway.  Of course there way Chinese
Empress, Scented Bubbles, and Hagar's Helmet really early. I had alot of nice things
bloom this year...some of my favorites were:

Affaire...this iris is SO awesome...it had a tiny, thin stalk that stood up to the
800+ mph winds that ripped through my gardens. (At one point, I joked that the wind
was so bad that ORINOCO FLOW was about to be picked up and "sail away, sail away,
sail away..."  Anyone else heard that song?)  It also had some of the BIGGEST flowers
I've seen.

Point Made... Wow.  'Nuff said.

Lurid... consistent horns, nice branching, startling color, amazing increase.

BRANCHING OUT... My favorite.  Pale pink, a bit deeper in the heart of the flower,
the falls almost look white w/ a pink tint from far away.  Blue horns, show branching
(and how), nice increase, So many flowers bloomed on this I lost count.  They started
off with horns, Then the plant peaked and the horns had what I'd call "claws" at
the end of them, and the last few blooms (like 3) didn't have horns at all... As
soon as I get my pictures developed, I'll post it somewhere.

Starple... A nice magenta on yellow plicata from Tom Burseen.

Fairy Goblin... an tiny AB that's "ugly" but cute.

Louise Todd... got my mom's attention

Oktoberfest... got my brother's attention

Dappled Pony... I planted it only about a month ago, and it bloomed and I got hooked
on MTB's

Vibrations... more amazing in my garden than I imagined it would be.

Okay, that's about it...I loved everything that bloomed, but I'd take too much space
talking about them all.

Rusty

Does your cow have MAD COW disease?  Find out at http://www.helsinki.fi/~pwilen/cow/muu.html

http://www.mailexcite.com