Re: CULT: TB: Supreme Sultan

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: TB: Supreme Sultan
  • From: Cliff Snyder <snyder@eden.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 21:25:28 -0600 (MDT)

Linda Mann wrote:
> > This years 'Supreme Sulker' award goes to 'Supreme Sultan'.
> > Jan Clark
> I've found this one to be very insistant on good soil and LOTS of
> regular water.  Though hyped as enormous, it has very demure little
> blooms (3 inches across) here on shortish stalks the years we don't get
> regular heavy rainfall during stalk and bloom season.  Maybe part of
> that is cold injury too - dunno.
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
> on vacation, too wet to work, no blooms to cross

SS must have very specific requirements for water, soil etc. and I guess
I'm lucky here. I have 30 SS planted with 20 stalks and most have three
6" blooms open. Mine are on a slope that drains very well. Witch's Wand
is also on the slope. WW bloomed well this year, but has not grown as
well as SS. Maybe SS just like Texas.

Cliff Snyder		Austin, Tx