RE: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 21:41:11 -0600 (MDT)

>When a company continually sends out misnamed plants (Springhill)
>or puny plants (Michigan Bulb) over a period of many years, wouldn't
you want to know of their reputation?
> As stated in another message, Springhill takes previously used names
registered in the AIS Checklists and uses those names on their plants.
They have taken names of TB's and given them to their JI's.

I sure would, but I wouldn't like to be sued for slander. Don't you have
trade practices acts in the U.S.? Can't companies like this be reported
for false advertising?
I don't believe it's in your interest to discredit a company in such a
public way. One wrong doesn,t make up for another.
Also, I didn't realise Mary was a new lister, and meant no offence to
her. (OOPs! - Welcome Mary)
Jan Clark