Re: Bloom Report

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom Report
  • From: daf10@cornell.edu (Dorothy A. Fingerhood)
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 06:01:40 -0600 (MDT)

You wrote:

>It really is a most unusual year.  We all knew it, and now I've
>further proof.

 I've never, never had anything open this early, May 5, the
>earliest before being May 19, a "normal" time. ...  But WOW!!  Iris on the
>5th of May.  Who'd have believed it in NW Iowa!
>Arnold Koekkoek

Ditto here in upstate NY, Arnold.  I. pumila was DONE blossoming before May
1, and several SDBs have been open for a couple of days in my garden.  Our
show isn't until June 14---so we are really in for a challenge....Hopefully
folks will have some Sibs and JIs left!
As the song goes....how bizarre!

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY