RE: Bloom Report

I know how you feel, Arnold.  TU TU TURQUOISE was our first bloom on May
1.  It normally blooms about May 15.

New blooms opened today on FIRESTORM (SDB), a beautiful dainty
burgundy-yellow plicata -- almost MDB.  The brightest yellow that I've
seen in this class.  RINGLETTE (SDB) is a nicely proportioned violet
plicata.  THRICE BLESSED is unfurling its first bloom -- maybe we'll get
more than one rebloom out of it this year.

Still in bloom are EXTRA (MDB) a tiny purple with a deeper purple spot,
TU TU TURQUOISE (SDB), one of my favourites, a light blue with a a
lovely darker blue spot, SMELL THE ROSES (SDB), rose violet with one
irregular bloom (4 falls and beards, 3 style arms and 2 standards) and
QUEEN OF SHEBA (AR) that I find impossible to describe.  I'll have to
look up a description.

We already have bloomstalks on TBs and our show isn't until June 13.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- I can't believe that Don and Sue Delmez
managed to send me GRACEFUL DANCER (JI) in the mail with their catalogue
without a phytosanitary certificate and the box was clearly marked iris!