Re: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CATALOGS' Seeds and Pictures
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:19:29 -0600 (MDT)

>As long as one is truthful about what happened, I believe that you have
the right to speak your opinion.
People tend to get into trouble speaking the truth too openly. The
little man usually loses out where money or power speak louder. (IMHO)
>Certainly there are consumer affairs offices in most district attorney
offices, but they are generally embroiled in more serious (from their
perspective) problems.
>John
Yes, I doubt that too many would be very interested in this type of
thing. I also doubt that it is an illegal practice to name a plant what
ever you want for sale. It is just unethical and deliberately
misleading, and causes considerable frustration and confusion for
serious growers and collectors.
There is also probably a vast majority of gardeners who wouldn't care
even if they new the plants were 'wrongly' named.
Jan (Wondering now if she has all the right names on her irises)