Re: CULT: deep freeze - best and worst

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: deep freeze - best and worst
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 20:43:28 -0600 (MDT)

Glenn Simmons wrote:
> . . .  However, now
> several weeks after the last freeze I am finding more and more damage.  :(

Sorry to hear that, Glenn.  Here in tidal northern Virginia
I am finding the same thing -- dozens of both newly planted and
established plants stunted, twisted or not blooming. I attribute this to
the false spring in January followed by the hard freezes of February and
March. On the other hand, the plants NOT so affected generally are doing
famously, with huge blooms, multiple stalks and lush foliage. THAT I
attribute to the Rabbit Chow.