Re: Catalog Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Catalog Pictures
  • From: The Hiltibidals <dutchman@fgi.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 04:58:39 -0600 (MDT)

Do I remember correctly that there were comments that the picture of
Thornbird was not really Thornbird, and that Beverly Sills may not be
Beverly Sills?  There has been much discussion, too, on the weather damage
causing bloom stalk and bloom aberrations...and the change in color from
one season to the next from chemicals, or other reasons.  There are
postings from time to time about certain iris that have not bloomed in one
region, while blooming beautifully in another.  Yet - from the two old
homesteads near my mother's home, iris have multiplied year after year,
blooming a single color each, reliably and have for most of my memory.  Is
the science that says there is no such thing ....or
that an iris is a mis-named similar iris as exact as it needs to be to
launch even an informational complaint?