RE: Chartres

Sterling,

My guess is that Chartres has aphylla breeding.  MTBs with aphylla have
a tendency to have another branch low on the stalk.  I haven't heard
about this branch re-branching though.  However, two or three stalks of
Blenheim Royal did exactly that for me last year.  It put up a wonderful
display with about ten stalks from a 3-year clump.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)