Re: TB: SIX PACK

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: SIX PACK
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 09:14:42 -0600 (MDT)

Fiona,

> I have SIX PACK too.....it flowered the year before last and had a great
> spike with lots of blooms.....which are huge....but a dog dug it up and
> chewed it but i got another this year from tempo two.....it is awesome.
> A weird thing though...the first lot of blooms on it were normal for six
> pack, but then the last few were all in the form of a normal T.B...very
> weird...

     SIX PACK did the same thing for me when I had it when I lived in
Kentucky.  I lived in Lexington, and SIX PACK was hybridized near
Cynthiana, which was about a 45 mile drive, a distance that included having
to drive across Lexington itself.  I figure that the performance you had is
quite normal.  Try not to let the dog get it this time.  An established
clump is awesome in bloom.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.