Re: Catalog Pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Catalog Pictures
  • From: The Hiltibidals <dutchman@fgi.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 18:03:36 -0600 (MDT)

Well, then, fill me in on Registration protocol - if you developed an iris
and called it Shogun, and someone marketed an entirely different
type of iris under the same name - are you, the registered developer of the
iris the only one who can take action?  Is the registration as binding as -
say - a rose patent?  Or, does having registered it with AIS put the ball
in their lap - making them the only one who can protect the integrity of
their registration?.  If a process exists to protect registrations, what
would happen if after one of those quirky seasons as this has been, an iris
didn't have the precise coloring or height as normal, is the seller
culpable?  Thanks for walking me through this.   Sharon