Answer & query

Lora asks:

> Donald,
> Where are you located in zone 7 with no rain?   We are located in zone 7
and
> have had nothing but rain since last week

Lucky you.  I am located between Abilene and Fort Worth in Texas.  100
yesterday,
98 today and no rain since March.  This is not good.  When, assuming it
will not rain
again, should I start withholding any supplemental watering from the ARs?
Or does
it depend on the varieties I have growing?  If so, where can I find out
about the needs
specific to the varieties that are growing?  My water bill hit $90 this
last month and
there was only supplemental water given the few flowerbeds I have
established, so
at this point I'm looking at a major expense just to keep things alive.
Survival of the
fittest is already at work here.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net